Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lee Hom Music-Man Concert, Bukit Jalil National Stadium @ 2/5/09

Sorry for the late posting. May has been a very busy month for me.

Being a very Kiasu 1st timer to watch a LIVE concert, I took the trouble of getting my father to trill me to Bukit Jalil stadium to park my car at Zon B around 4pm and headed home to rest and get ready for the big night. We then went dinner together with my family and dad dropped us at Bukit Jalil.

We walked to the main entrance and found out entrance for RM318 and above tickets is at the other end. We then had to walked towards another entrance which is a good 5-10 minutes walk. By the time we reach the entrance, we were already sweaty. I was praying so hard that it would not rain that night cos there were thick clouds since 6pm and by 8pm thick clouds are still visible. Anyway, it did not rain throughout the night... yay... PRAISE THE LORD!!! Rain only came pouring at 12am! Lucky lucky us...!

The entrance check point was so strict. The security checked every bag that goes into the stadium. Items like camera, video camera, water bottle and food is strictly not allowed into the stadium. Of course we have our ways to hide our cameras... keke...! Phew lucky they did not manage to find my camera.

While walking into the stadium, workers were giving out FOC items like Fan, Giant hands to say "HI!" to Lee Hom, and Ang Pao envelope with a RM1 note and a RM20 voucher to Boston Restaurant inside.

Me at 8.25pm with my biggie hand to wave "HI!" to Lee Hom
As I got to my seat, i regretted not spending the extra ringgits to get myself a better seat. Did not expect to be that far from stage. Sigh... now i know!

Below: View from my seat...

The show kicked off with Daniel Lee and Kay Guo as guest performers at 8.30pm sharp. At 8.45pm... MUSIC-MAN begins with all the lights shut off. The band started playing and all fans started yelling like crazy...! Then spotlight was all on Lee Hom's most talkabout Bahamut Electric Guitar... then comes Lee Hom...!
Below: Lee Hom's featured Bahamut Electric Guitar (pic blurry cos cant on flash and its illegal to snap pics anyway... keke)

Below: A clearer view of the Bahamut... still i am very far and had to maximize my Camera's zoom.

Something that I didn't like what the organizers did was seating people so so far away... look at the crowd... pity them that they cant even see the screen. Even Lee Hom seems surprise how the seats were arranged so high up. Dear organizers, probably u can earn a little lesser and not place seats so high up so that everybody can have a better view of the stage... I think from their view the screen is only 1cm big or maybe lesser...!

Below: 20,000 audiences in Stadium Bukit Jalil that night... stadium was FULL!!!


Below: Lee Hom steps out with his another electric guitar...

Below: Lee Hom on screen

There was 2 unforgetable moments during the concert. One was when Lee Hom turn out to be Xiao Hong in RED, Xiao Huang in Yellow, Xiao Li in Blue and MUSIC-MAN Lee Hom in WHITE. Tat was a surprise!!! Everyone were looking at the screen wondering how come there are 4 Lee Homs on stage... maybe not all just me being very amazed. Anyway, my senses came later that it was a pre-recorded stage performance... Sigh... got fooled!

Another moment is when Lee Hom did a magic trick on his fans. He suddenly appeared in the middle of the stadium... next to where i was sitting. Just few seconds he was on the stage and "poof" his standing next to where I am sitting! The security stopped me from taking pics by covering my camera with a few other people with their hands. Sien...!

Concert ended with extra 3 songs and last song was "Kiss Goodbye..." Awww.... We all stood on our chairs during the last 3 songs and security wanted to pull the crowd to sit on their chair but lee hom asked that all of us remain standing and nobody can sit down before he finishes... LOL! Thank you Lee Hom! Finally can see you better standing!

Below: Good work on the stage and crowd standing to his last few number

Overall, Lee Hom's performance was very good... being the Music Man, he played 2 electric guitars, 1 violin, drum, keyboard, and of course his featured BAHAMUT! The visual effects, lighting, sound system, his band, his dancers were all perfectly coordinated.

Concert ended at 11.45pm and we were given free Marigold juice as we walk out of the stadium. A good 5 minutes walk to my car and within 5 minutes I was out of the parking and heading to the highway. Guess being kiasu helped me escape the jam. keke! BTW, parking only cost me RM2!

Thats all the pictures I have... blurry pics of Lee Hom while avoiding the securities. Sigh...

3 comments:

Zouge said...

Hahahaha, you and your james bond spy camera did a good job! You had all the fun and surprises there, huh!

Borneo Falcon said...

Never been to a live concert before.

Piggiemily said...

Zouge, i think i did a bad job with the camera... LOL! But i am glad u enjoyed by bad 007 job!

BFalcon, you should at least have a 1ce in a lifetime experience.