Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Piggie collection

Like what I have mentioned before, I am a big Pig lover... as in I love collecting Pig soft toys and items. I am showing off some of my collections. The pics are not exactly updated. These are taken end of last year (October 2007 to be exact).

I can see the looks in every one of ur face... Close ur mouth ok! keke!

I bought some boards and iron rods from IKEA in 2006 just to make a nice nice display for my collections. The baskets i used to put them in went overflow laying on the floor. Therefore, having a shelf was crucial! The good thing about this shelf is that it allows you to adjust how many rows you need. I currently have 4 layers and I could buy 2 more planks to add to my current rod making a 5th row for display. FYI, I noticed, i need a 5th row urgently! Wahaha! Another thing is... these planks are RM12.90 each and I need 2 planks per row. The Iron rods are also RM12.90 each and triangle iron support which sells at RM8.90 per pair. So all together i had 3 rods, 8 planks and 6 pairs of iron triangle support. Voila... total damage was only RM195.30. *** Wink Wink*** Good deal huh? keke!



Here are some of my collections... Gotta thank my family, some friends, and colleagues who helped me pile up my collections. There are actually more to these! Shall update again next year.

These are some of the World pigs I bought and some are gifts from friends... Gotta thank Mike for the Holland once! Sporty pigs i have. We have Baseball, Basketball, Football and Soccer. Cute rite? keke! and some Dinner table ware. The sleepy pig is a gift from Paul my colleague. It is actually Salt and Pepper dispenser (Pig for salt, bed for pepper) and i bought the blue ribbon pig fruit pickers.
Some smooching piggies, glass collections (Round once are from Beijing-self bought, and the making love piggies are from Bangkok Thanks to Paul! Wahaha), Clay collections from Yeo my good pal.

Gadget pigs. The pink n blue pair are voice recorders from MPH, and the front 1 is a radio; key chains, and socks i bought from Paris.


My Soap collections (The orange one is from Paris, Funny farm from Watsons, KL, and the pink soaps are from Jenny my ex colleague). My brother's girlfriend and brother gave me the sneezing pic and I self bought the standing one from Pasar Malam.













Below are the limited edition Year of the Pig Postcards and stamps i got my friend Alicia to queue in a China postoffice, got into the trouble of yelling at the rude officer for turning her off saying its sold out although they have ample stock. Thanks Alicia for everything!

And last but not least, my wedding collection... Notice the pink one has my name and hubby's name printed? The wedding once are from Seremban (a gift from my married couple ex colleagues, Jenny n Jesse knowing that I desperately need them).

Some random pics below: my comforter set from China thanks to Mom, Handphone holders which i threw away some, round piggies, clay piggies my friend handmade them, and some standing once. Shall update again probably next year!

12 comments:

Borneo Falcon said...

Very nice collection. Can open a museum to exhibit all those pigs

Piggiemily said...

My mom told me tat I should get some Newspaper reporters over to interview me! keke! She nearly contacted Sin Chew Daily!

Colin said...

wow, oink oink... just within few yrs time ur collection have grown this BIG? i think you should ask ur mum to contact the Sin Chew Daily!

Piggiemily said...

keke...! help me contact la...! keke!

Justin Lai said...

I know this Sin Chew Restaurant lar, sell Bak Kut Teh one.

Piggiemily said...

Really ah Justin... jum pi makan!

WaiWai said...

Hi. Hehe. I love pigs too but my piggy collection are way way way way way small compared to yours. Hehe.

monkticon said...

wahahha... not bad not bad.. I'm going to be featured again in Kosmo newspaper somewhere this month... next time i recommend u ah...

Piggiemily said...

Hi Wai Wai... thanks for leaving a comment! 1 of the trick to double or triple up ur collection is letting everyone around u know that u love pigs! I increase my collection each year when comes to my birthday, christmas and souvenirs from friends and family!

Mike... Kosmo? Apa itu? Malay magazine ah? DUN 1... TAK HALAL!

Piggiemily said...

Bila u akan featured kat Kosmo? Please update me! I wanna show off my celebrity fren! Remember i still hv ur signature with me...! Gonna go Ebay to sell off ur signature once u reach the status that i could no longer get in touch with u!

monkticon said...

ya ya... Kosmo is Malay paper... non-halal lor... hahaha...

anyway, dont la... celebrity title is too big title to carry la.. im nowhere there... and I'm always available to be contacted la...

Piggiemily said...

Monk... i m waiting for u to reach tat uncontactable level... so ur signature will have some value mar...!